Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Have a Blast!!

Happy Tuesday!  It’s time for a new cartridge of the month.  I just ordered Boys Will Be Boys, so I decided to try it out this month.  I don’t have any kids of my own, but the majority of the kids in my class are boys and I know I will get a lot of use out of this.  I’m noticing a lot of the cuts could be used for girls too. 

I made a simple card using the rocket cut.

rocket blast 2

I LOVE this cute little rocket!  Wouldn’t it be great in pink?  with sparkles?  Ooh…I gotta try that!  I’m sure there’s some little girl out there that would like a pink rocket!

rocket blast 3

For the sentiment, I used the font from this cart and cut “BLAST”.  “Have a” is handwritten.  I added the stitching and accents on the letters.  Looking at this closely, my white stitching is kinda crooked on that red mat….yikes!  Just ignore that, ok?  Pretend it’s on purpose…or something like that.  My type A personality makes me wanna take it off the card and fix it, but I’m resisting.  It will stay as is.  So there.  (I’m determined to cure this perfectionism…)

rocket blast 4

If any of you have this cartridge, I would love to see what you’ve done with it!  Send me an email or leave a comment with a link and I’ll post it on the blog with next week’s project from this cart.

Have a wonderful, fantabulous day!  I know I will.  Tomorrow is my last day of work until next Tuesday and it can’t come soon enough!  I will be going to a ladies retreat with my church this weekend and teaching a couple of craft classes.  It’s a great time every year and nice to get away.  Be back soon with a new project for you all…

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. very cute card! love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,

    As cute as this one is, I can't wait to see it in pink, all blinged out!!! ;)

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!