Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Shower Card

Good evening everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Sadly, it’s coming to an end really soon.  My weekend was busy, but good.  I came down with a cold toward the middle of last week and by Saturday night, I could barely talk.  Since I’m the Children’s Pastor at church, I normally teach my class on Sunday mornings.  Since my throat was really bad this morning, one of my teachers helped me out and combined our classes.  So, I got a little break and got to sit back and enjoy the class without the work!  I am much better this evening so I’m glad for that.

I was asked to make a baby shower card for Saturday and I wanted to share what I came up with.  I used several cartridges for this card: Printing Press, Pooh Font, Birthday Bash, Just Because Cards, and Create A Critter. 

baby maddox card 1

I took the shadows of the letters (welcome) and the blocks and made the card base on my Gypsy.  I was trying to make it look like those nursery blocks with the abc’s on them.  I wanted to do something different than the normal pastel baby card. 

baby maddox card 3baby maddox card 4baby maddox card 5baby maddox card 6

I added the little embellishments on the blocks to represent “boy things”.  The picture I had in my mind was better than this, but I wasn’t feeling well at all and I think I wasn’t thinking too clearly when I made it!  I hope they liked it.

baby maddox card 2

Have a fabulous Monday and I will talk to you guys on Tuesday with the cartridge of the month project for June.

Blessings,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl,

    Are you kidding me?!

    This is the best (most original!) baby card I've ever seen!!! :) I would love to make something similar as name plates for my children's doors...

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!