Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baby Shower Card

Good evening everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Sadly, it’s coming to an end really soon.  My weekend was busy, but good.  I came down with a cold toward the middle of last week and by Saturday night, I could barely talk.  Since I’m the Children’s Pastor at church, I normally teach my class on Sunday mornings.  Since my throat was really bad this morning, one of my teachers helped me out and combined our classes.  So, I got a little break and got to sit back and enjoy the class without the work!  I am much better this evening so I’m glad for that.

I was asked to make a baby shower card for Saturday and I wanted to share what I came up with.  I used several cartridges for this card: Printing Press, Pooh Font, Birthday Bash, Just Because Cards, and Create A Critter. 

baby maddox card 1

I took the shadows of the letters (welcome) and the blocks and made the card base on my Gypsy.  I was trying to make it look like those nursery blocks with the abc’s on them.  I wanted to do something different than the normal pastel baby card. 

baby maddox card 3baby maddox card 4baby maddox card 5baby maddox card 6

I added the little embellishments on the blocks to represent “boy things”.  The picture I had in my mind was better than this, but I wasn’t feeling well at all and I think I wasn’t thinking too clearly when I made it!  I hope they liked it.

baby maddox card 2

Have a fabulous Monday and I will talk to you guys on Tuesday with the cartridge of the month project for June.

Blessings,
Cheryl