Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tea Time!

Every year, in May, we have a ladies tea at our church.  We had this last week and had some yummy tea and food.  I made some little envelopes to hold tea as favors for everyone and then forgot to photograph them.  So, when I got to church that night and was about to put them out on the tables, I snapped some quick pictures so I could at least share them.  Please excuse the background (butter, tea, platters, etc).

I saw this idea on a party website but for the life of me can't remember where, so I'm sorry for not giving credit where it's due!


I created the little envelopes on my Gypsy.  Super easy!  I just took a plain envelope (from Plantin Schoolbook, I think....) and welded a scalloped border on top of it.  Voila!  Easy as pie.


 I then added a ribbon to each one in a coordinating color.


I punched some circles, inked the edges and wrote "Tea Time" on each.


I attached them with a pop up dot and added a bag of tea.

I think these would be great for a party or a shower and are so easy that they go really fast when you're mass producing them.  I wish I'd taken a picture of them on the tables because they looked so much better sitting on their coordinating plates and tablecloths.

Man, I love my Gypsy!   It can do almost anything.....  =)

Blessings,
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I have got to say these Tea Time Envelopes are soooo cute. What a great idea.Thank you so much for sharing.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!