Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Celebrations - Week 3

Good Morning!  I hope your Tuesday is going well so far.  As I mentioned in my last post, my laptop power supply bit the dust this weekend and the poor, uncharged laptop contains a bunch of pictures I had edited for posting this week - including today's card using Celebrations.  So, I made a quick card last night so I'd at least have something to share with you guys. 

I don't have Tie the Knot cartridge, but I've seen several folks make cards using the invitation feature and do the criss-cross-y pocket type card. (Is that what you'd call it???)  Anyway, I had set that up on my Gypsy and decided to use that.  It's realy simple, but I love this pocket and will certainly use this again.  The cupcake is from Celebrations. 

Because this was last minute, I took these pictures at work this morning, so just ignore the lovely cubicle background!


 

I designed the pocket using my Gypsy.  It has the base layer (white) and the top layer (patterened).  It was really simple and I think it could be used for many things.  I didn't want to over-embellish because the paper pattern is so busy and bright.


The paper is from KI Memories.


I added a pop dot under the cupcake to make it stand up.


I also added white iradescent glitter to the top of the cupcake.  I'm pretending it's a chocolate fudge cupcake with cream cheese icing.  Doesn't that sound delectable?  I LOVE cream cheese icing! 

Before I go, I wanted to say welcome to all my new followers and thanks to those of you that have been around here for a while.  I absolutley love sharing things with you all!

Blessings,
Cheryl



3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!!! Love the cupcake. Now I want one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmmy! I LOVE cream cheese icing!!! Very cute! TFS, http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I love the bright pattern papers!! And now I'm hungry for chocolate and cream cheese!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!