Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Safe!!

Good morning everyone!  I just wanted to post a quick hello to all of you and wish peace to all of those affected by these terrible storms the last few days.  I live in Moore, Oklahoma and we had a rocky day yesterday.  We ended up packing into my parent's tornado shelter with several family members and friends.  It was interesting, that's for sure!  I had every intention of posting cards over the last few days and it seems like all I've done is watch weather!  We said many prayers and thanks to God, we were all safe and our homes and vehicles are all just fine.  I know there are so many that are not and my thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.  

On a lighter note, in place of cards and projects, I thought I'd share the pictures I took in the shelter while we sat there for an hour and a half as the sirens blared off and on.


Here is my sister-in-law, Janetta, one of my best pals, Maribel, our friend from church, Sherron, and Maribel's daughter.  I know they will all love me sharing the photos of them with soaked hair and clothing!


 These 2 lovely ladies on the right are my great-grandmother and my grandmother.  My great-grandmother is in her late nineties and still going strong! 

  
Finally, this is me and my mom.  I debated on posting this because (again) our hair is drenched from running to the shelter in the rain.  Oh well....not my best pic by far but that's ok!!  =)

As I'm sure you've noticed, there are no men in this picture.  That's because they all decided to stand outside and see what was happening.  For anyone that's lived in a state deemed "Tornado Alley", I see no wisdom in standing around waiting for it when you can be underground, but you know how men are, right?  =)

I do have some cards and will hopefully post them later today.  Until then, I hope you all have a blessed and peaceful day.

Blessings,
Cheryl 

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I am so thankful that you are OK!!! We used to live in Enid and yes I remember the tornado scares. We now live in central TX. We have had two tornadoes over our house. One our boys saw about 50 feet over our fireplace, it touched down a few blocks away and killed a man. Another was a smaller one that touched down and took trees and our storage in shed in our backyard. So I have come into contact more here in TX with the tornadoes then I did as a teenager in OK. They are certainly bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!