Thursday, May 26, 2011

Almost Friday....

 Hallelujah...it's almost Friday on a holiday weekend!  =)  I love having Mondays off work.  Sundays are a super busy day for me with the things I do at church, so it's always nice when I have a Monday off.  

OK...on to more important things.  A friend asked me to make 3 cards that would hold gift cards/certificates for some friends who are retiring.  I don't have a single stamp or cricut cut (that I can find) that says Happy Retirement.  UGH.  So, I settled on more generic phrases and she can write in what she wants.  

For the outside of the first card, I cut the flower from Serenade.  I cut 4 sizes, 2 of each size and then layered and crumpled them.  I used pop dots to raise up each layer and added bling to the center.


For the inside, I designed a pocket on my Gypsy for the gift card and attached it with my ATG gun.  I then used a corner punch for the mat on the other side.  I have had this paper in my stash FOREVER and I don't know why I've never used it.  I really like it.


For the second card, I cut the base from Birthday Bash.  I added the patterned paper on the front and added the mat with the stamped sentiment.  The flower here is from a punch and I just layered it 3 times.  I inked the edges with some aqua-ish ink. 


For the inside, I made another gift card pocket and then added a mat using the same paper from the front.


For the last card, I made the flower on the front from circles.  I saw this on another blog and loved the idea.  I have the link save somewhere and as soon as I find it I'll be sure to share and give credit where it's due.  I will also be posting a tutorial on how to make these flowers.  They are SUPER easy and fun!

 
On the inside, another pocket and mat with bling on the other side.
 

I hope they like them!  As you can probably tell, the background in the photos is a little crazy.  With all the tornado mess on Tuesday night, I never set up my light to take pictures so I just brought them with me to work so I could snap a few shots before handing them off to my friend.  I've got several more cards to make tonight, so I will share those hopefully on Friday.

Blessings,
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! Great papers on the 3 of them and I love the pockets... they are a great solution for the gift cards issue.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. And the pockets are a great idea. Why is it I never think of the simple solutions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!