Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Celebrations - Week 5

It’s time for the cartridge of the month, one last time for May.  I have to apologize because apparently my project didn’t post last week.  I know Blogger had some issues, so apparently they affected my posting.  Oh well…on to this week’s card.

I used the border feature to cut these balloons to make a simple birthday card for a little boy in my class at church.


I used the blackout feature and cut them in black, then in white.  I cut the strings off the white ones, then layered the black, then white and then the top color.  As you can see in the next picture, my blade is apparently getting dull as it caught a few of the small pieces and caused some fraying.  To finish it off, I rounded the corners and added some white stitching.

As always, I am open to suggestions for next month’s cartridge exploration.  I have a couple of ideas, but would love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. I really like this card, the balloons on the paper just really stand out, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this..so cute! I love the white stitching and the rounded corners! The balloons are cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!