Monday, March 28, 2011

Re-sticking your mat

Howdy everyone!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday evening.  I will have a project to post tomorrow, but today I wanted to share a little tip with you.  A topic of great discussion on many blogs I frequent is how to re-stick your Cricut mat.  Over the last few months, I've tried several different ways and wasn't totally happy with any of them.  I happened upon a YouTube video a few weeks ago that suggested using the Scotch Removable Restickable Glue Stick.  I have to apologize because I can't remember who posted this tip.  Since I had a 50% off coupon for Michaels, I decided to try it.  It was only $2.99 before coupon, so it was worth the risk!


I love it!  I used a scraper to clean off my mat and then added two coats of the glue.  I let it dry for about 3-4 minutes and was ready to go.  I have cut quite a bit since then and my mat is still as sticky as the first day I did it.  I would highly recommend this method of making your mats last longer.  One more tip - Every time I finish crafting, I wipe my mat down with a baby wipe before putting it away.  This seems to extend the stickiness as well.  
I also want to say a quick welcome to all of you who have visited me from the link on Momo's blog and become followers.  Thanks so much for stopping by and sticking around!  

Blessings,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!