Monday, March 28, 2011

Re-sticking your mat

Howdy everyone!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday evening.  I will have a project to post tomorrow, but today I wanted to share a little tip with you.  A topic of great discussion on many blogs I frequent is how to re-stick your Cricut mat.  Over the last few months, I've tried several different ways and wasn't totally happy with any of them.  I happened upon a YouTube video a few weeks ago that suggested using the Scotch Removable Restickable Glue Stick.  I have to apologize because I can't remember who posted this tip.  Since I had a 50% off coupon for Michaels, I decided to try it.  It was only $2.99 before coupon, so it was worth the risk!


I love it!  I used a scraper to clean off my mat and then added two coats of the glue.  I let it dry for about 3-4 minutes and was ready to go.  I have cut quite a bit since then and my mat is still as sticky as the first day I did it.  I would highly recommend this method of making your mats last longer.  One more tip - Every time I finish crafting, I wipe my mat down with a baby wipe before putting it away.  This seems to extend the stickiness as well.  
I also want to say a quick welcome to all of you who have visited me from the link on Momo's blog and become followers.  Thanks so much for stopping by and sticking around!  

Blessings,
Cheryl