Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Holiday Cakes #1

Happy February!  I hope your month is starting out wonderfully…mine sure is!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snow and wintry weather and that’s just what we got here in Oklahoma.  They’re saying more is coming and I think it’s beautiful and fabulous.  I know most people think I’m crazy.  I don’t deny that.  But I still love snow!

Since we’re in a new month, it’s time for a new cartridge to explore.  This month, I’ll be highlighting projects from the Holiday Cakes cartridge.  I don’t have the Cricut Cake (although I’d love to play with it), but I looked through the handbook for this cart and loved it.  It has a great font and some really simple but cute cuts on it.  Of course, the fact that I got it on EBay for $10.50 with free shipping made it even better.  Yea, EBay!  Don’t you love it?

The card measures 5x5.  All the cuts were done at 4.25”.  It’s really hard to tell in the picture, but the dark color is a deep chocolate brown, not black.  I think pink and brown is one of the best color combos ever!  I used the leftover hearts and circles to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  This was a really simple card to make and I think it would be great for easy Valentine’s Day greetings for friends and family.  I was thinking of trying it in bright, bold colors or possibly monochromatic using white, black and gray.  Maybe I’ll do that….  If I do, I’ll be sure to snap a pic and post it.

One last thing, I am prepping some giveaways for when I hit certain goals with followers, comments, etc., so be sure to check in regularly so you don’t miss them!

DSCF6956DSCF6962DSCF6964DSCF6967DSCF6971

signature with numbers scrip

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!