Wednesday, February 2, 2011

50’s Fab!

Each month, I make favors for our monthly women’s meeting/Bible study at church.  We always decorate with a theme and for February we are doing the fabulous 50’s.  Since I don’t have Nifty Fifties cart yet, I decided to use the glasses from Paisley.  The purses are from Forever Young and the shape is from George and Basic Shapes.  The ribbon is by The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.

DSCF7065

I cut half from black and half from white.

DSCF7059DSCF7061

I added a white highlight to each lens and used a silver gel pen to make the “gems” on the glasses.

DSCF7066

I love this color scheme!  I think they turned out super cute and retro-ish.  I ended up making 24 of them while I was home for a snow day from work.  I put 3 Starburst candies in each one with some filler.   

DSCF7077 

I’m really digging this winter weather.  This is my second day home from work and I just found out I will be off again tomorrow!  We don’t always get weather like this in Oklahoma, so I enjoy it when it comes.  It’s certainly given me plenty of time to craft and play with my Cricut.  I guess now I should do what really needs to be done….ugh…laundry.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!