Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Pink Stamper Birthday Challenge

It’s Robyn’s birthday over at My Pink Stamper and she’s hosting a challenge to create something with a birthday theme.  I chose to make a shaped card using Simply Charmed.  I really like this cart and don’t use it nearly enough. 

I wanted to pass along a tip to you all with this project.  I LOVE making shaped cards with my Gypsy, however, you always end up a “flat” spot where the card folds when you weld two shapes together.  When I do this, I always cut an extra shape and glue it on as the background to cover up that spot.  Below is a pic of my mat and how I cut these.  I’ve circled the extra cut I made to hide my folding on the top of the card. 

clip_image002

(Isn’t that mat icky and well loved? ha ha)  Anyway, I think it makes your shaped cards look so much better.  You can see in my pics below that it doesn’t cut off part of the image if you assemble the card onto this piece, then glue to your shaped card. 

DSCF6906

Here are a few more pics of the card I made for the challenge.  Enjoy!

DSCF6903

DSCF6905

signature with numbers scrip

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yummy card:))good job! just found your blog and want to welcome your to my website where I am selling my printable and cutting files (you can use it with your CriCut and any other type of die cut machines using Sure Cuts A Lot2 or scale program if you have one)Hope you like them. Since I just start doing this website -really appreciate any suggestions and critic :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cute. Your mat is icky and well loved! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!