Wednesday, March 29, 2017

It's been too long...

Hello all you Internet peeps!  I have been gone way too long.  I've missed you!

Where have I been?  Let's see....

My last post was a little over a year ago.  At that time, my tiny little business started to grow a little.  Through word of mouth - and the blessing of God - I started getting orders from friends of friends of friends.  I loved it. For a while.  I ended up working in the evenings after work, all day Saturday and between church on Sundays.

My home suffered.
My ministry suffered.
My health suffered.
My weight suffered.
My husband felt like a single man.

But, I had cash!  Needless to say, it could not continue the way it was.  For a few years, I thought getting paid for my crafty wares was the ultimate goal.  I have since discovered it's not all it's cracked up to be!

I am a type A personality and I tend to be a workaholic, especially when it's something I enjoy.  I kept saying yes to orders I didn't have time for.  And it was no longer fun.  It was work.  And not even decent work, but hard work.  I had to create these personal items people wanted, then execute them in very short time frames.  I don't know if you've tried, but coming up with a good idea is hard on 3 hours of sleep.  Everything - including the quality of my products - started to suffer.

So....around Christmas, I decided I was done.  I stopped taking orders, which was really hard for me.  Saying no is not my strong suit.  My husband and I were talking one day and he asked me why I had stopped posting here and I realized how much I missed it.

My posts may only be read by my family and a few others, but I love sharing my life and creations with you all.  It's therapeutic and it's my happy place.

This time, it will be different.  Before, I was worried about having a "successful blog" and staying within my niche.  That is not the case anymore.  I will share with you whatever suits my fancy.  Some of it will be paper and crafty, but some of it won't.  Sometimes, I may just share cute otter pictures.... because they're fabulous!


I mean, who doesn't need this in their life????? O.M.G.  I want 42 of them.

That's all my rambling for now.  Happy Wednesday!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!