Monday, June 30, 2014

Box Cards!

For all you Silhouette users out there, have you tried anything from svgcuts.com yet?  I purchased my first set of files from them a few weeks ago and I really like them.  I made a couple of the box cards for Mother's Day and I'm finally gonna share one of them...

Aren't these box cards fun?  If you've never made one, they fold flat and will fit in an A2 sized envelope.  Now that I've seen how they're put together, I think I'm going to design a few of my own.  I have all kinds of ideas....



I used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette for the first time here.  you can see my printing wasn't perfectly lined up on my oval, but I think I figured out what I did and I've gotten better at it since then. 

 Here's a front view of the card sitting on my desk.

And here's what it looks like folded up!  I had a great time making this.  I would recommend you try one if you access to the file.

On another note, I have wanted to start designing SVG files for a long time.  I have finally finished my first one.  It's a flower and I'll have it posted in a day or two for you to download.  I have to make sure I have it all done correctly, then I'll be sharing with you guys.

Until next time...
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!