Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Tax Day!


If you're in the USA, Happy Tax Day!  Honestly, it's not normally a happy day for me.  How about you?  My husband and I are married with no kids, so we don't get many tax breaks, thus we normally owe Uncle Sam a good chunk of change.  This year, God blessed us with the biggest federal refund we've ever had!  Now, it's not like $5000.00 like those of you with a bunch of kids, but it's a lot to us and it was certainly a blessing.  So, tax day is a happy day this year!

On to the card...


Here's a super simple pocket card I made a few weeks ago.  I really like this style of card and it's great if you're not mailing it, since it doesn't have an envelope!


I really like this gingham-ish paper on the flower.  It's from a stack called "All the Small Things" and it's a very eclectic mix of patterns.



Here's the simple card that goes on the inside.  I am saving this card for my "no-frills" friend at work.  Her birthday is coming up and she doesn't like pink, girlie, sparkly things, so I think this fits her perfectly!

Card Recipe:
Card Base - 9.75" x 5.50", scored at 4.50"
Mat (front) - 5.25" x 4.25"
Leaves - Flower Shoppe, cut at 1"
Flower - Flower Shoppe, cut at 2.75", 2.25", 1.75"
Inside Card - 4.25" x 5" and 4" x 4.75"

Have a great Monday!!
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. How nice to hear some good news! Enjoy your windfall! I'm enjoying your smashing card! Love the earth tone colours and the gingham flower.
    Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you got a tax break this year. : ) We normally end up paying State but this year we got a refund. Thankful for that. -- Your card is lovely. I love your flowers and that's such a cool style of card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!