Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Banner Card


Happy Monday!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Mine was really productive, yet restful, so it was just about perfect!

I spent way too much time on Pinterest on Friday and got tons of inspiration.  This card was inspired by several banner-ish cards I saw.  I just love those baby pennants.  I really like anything that's miniature sized.  I am not sure why...


I used a plain white card for the base, then added the strips of patterned paper.


The pennants were cut from the Birthday Bash cartridge, then attached to some twine to string them on the card.  I stamped the letters with clear Versamark ink, then embossed them with white embossing powder.  (In this close up picture, you can sure see all my stray powder that I didn't get wiped off before taking the heat gun to it...)


I cut the white banner by hand, then stamped it using a stamp by The Paper Studio.

I was so excited to use this new paper.  It's from American Crafts and I got it on sale at Michael's.  I think it's quite festive!


Card Recipe:
Base - 5" x 6.5"
Pennants - Birthday Bash, cut at 1.25"
Paper - American Crafts
Letters - Stamps by Stampendous


See ya'll next time....
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!