Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun Cupcake Card!


Did anyone else feel like this when you woke up this morning?  Don't get me wrong...  It's not Mondays that I dislike - it's Monday mornings!  I believe an alarm is the harshest way of waking up.  There's something so wrong about having to wake up to a loud, blaring horn while it's still dark outside.  Alas, I must do it every day.  Enough whining...

I have a fun cuppy-cake card to share with you all today....


I love this card, mainly because of the paper.  I bought this paper a long time ago, but have had a hard time using it on certain projects.  I think it worked perfectly on this one!


For the base, I welded two shadows together using my Gypsy.  I inked all the edges with black ink.


I cut several of each layer, then added them with foam tape to make it dimensional.  This sometimes creates a challenge in finding an envelope to fit, but it's worth it to make it look fancy!  


I cut the tiny banners with my Cricut, stamped them, then added a brad and some twine.  All done!

Card Recipe:
Cupcake - Straight From the Nest, cut at 4.75"
Banners - Cricut Artiste, cut at .50"
Envelope (not pictured) - Just Because Cards, cut at 5.5"
Paper - "It's the Little Things" by Fancy Pants

I'm so happy to be back crafting and posting.  I've missed you all over the busy few months.  Have a fab Monday!

Blessings,
Cheryl





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!