Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Flowerpot Card

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  I hope you have all had a wonderful week.  Mine has been really busy, but good.  As I mentioned last week, one of my co-workers passed away unexpectedly.  Everything at work has been a little off for a few days, so we're trying to get back on track.  I found out that I will be taking over her job.  It's more detailed work, but it also means more money!  Woohoo!  I have been trying this week do to my job plus hers, so it's made for a crazy week.  Not bad, just crazy.  I thought I'd take a few minutes and post something and clear my head before diving back in.


(Please excuse the picture quality - I took it on my desk at work)

My manager asked me to make her a thank you card for a lady in our office.  The recipient is really into bright colors, so I decided to do a bright, cheery flowerpot card.


Here's a shot of the card from the inside.  I got the instructions HERE.  I punched a border in white using one of my Martha Stewart punches and added to the "lip" of the pot.


I glued on all the leaves first, then added the flowers.  All the leaves and flowers are from Flower Shoppe.  


These cards are so simple to make, yet I think they make a great impact.  I really enjoyed making this and layering the flowers.  You know how I am about paper flowers....  They make my heart happy!

Have a wonderful day!
Cheryl




3 comments:

  1. congrats on the promotion, sorry it came about in such an odd way. I love this card! you must share what papers you used - they are so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Great colors.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your co-workers unexpected passing. I hope that all goes well with you taking on the new responsibilities. Your card is fantastic. I think I want to try this for a Mother's day card. I love the patterns you used for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!