Thursday, January 17, 2013

I {heart} Dawn McVey!

Happy Thursday!  This Thursday is particularly happy because it's the day before Friday, which is the day before a four day weekend for me.  Woohoo!  My hubby had to use some vacation time so we are both off together - which almost never happens.  He works nights and weekends and goes to school in the evenings and I work days and am off on the weekends, so we sometimes only see each other for about 30 minutes a day.  We have no big plans for our days off, but I'm sure we'll enjoy sleeping in and being L-A-Z-Y!

I was catching up on my blog reading (My Google Reader account had 1000+ posts to read!) and I came across this great video from Dawn McVey on the Papertrey Ink blog.  I have never purchased anything from them, but I frequently drool over their products and her talent.  Someday, I will actually buy some stuff, I'm sure.

Dawn is amazing and I am continuously in awe of her creations.  This video gives some great ideas for packaging over sized and/or embellished cards.  I run into this problem quite frequently, so this was helpful to me!  Check out the video below and the post HERE.


My favorite idea is the glassine bag.  After watching, I decided I needed to order some and I found them on Amazon really cheap.  You can get 100 for $9.95!  I think this is a fabulous idea in place of an envelope and I can't wait to use them.


Be sure to check in tomorrow for Font Friday!

Blessings,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!