Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Simple Birthday Card


I have a simple, quick card to share with you today.  I absolutely love the Lost and Found papers by My Mind's Eye.  I have used that stack over and over.  If you haven't seen it or are interested in buying some , check it out HERE.


This card started out totally different in my mind.  It's sorta plain, but everything I tried to add just looked weird.  I decided to go ahead and share it with you, even though I feel like it's missing something.


The flower is from Flower Shoppe.  I added a wooden button and some twine from my store. I inked all the edges with black ink.


The sentiment is a stamp from Verve. I have to say it again.  I LOVE VERVE STAMPS!!  

I feel this card turned out OK and I think the great papers really helped it, but it's just missing something.  What do you think?

Card Recipe:
Paper - Recollections and My Mind's Eye
Card Base - 5" x 5"
Flower - Flower Shoppe, pg 14 <Heart2>
Button - Studio G
Twine - Pink and Paper
Ink - Colorbox
Stamp - Verve

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. I think your card is beautiful Cheryl.Personally I don't think it needs anything extra.The inking and button with twine really sets the beautiful paper and sentiment.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's missing NOTHING Cheryl! Love the simplicity of it and that paper is scrummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!