Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Card!


I am really excited about the card I'm sharing with you today.  It's so bright and cheery and happy!


I've seen many flowers made using circle punches, so I thought I'd try my hand at it.  Of course, I used my Cricut and not punches, but it works!  I have had one sheet of this striped paper forever and finally decided to use it.  It was hard to cut into it because I like it so much (and want to hoard it), but I managed to pull out that trimmer start cutting.


I layered 3 circles on top of each other with foam dots in between, so they really stood out.  I also put the leaves on using foam dots.  The sentiment is a stamp by Stampendous and the blue border came from Elegant Edges.


I can't wait to make more of these flowers!  I really had fun with them and I think they could be great if I tried mixing patterns and colors on each flower.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections Cardstock, cut at 9.25" x 4.75"
Striped Paper - Colorbok, cut at 9.25" x 3"
Blue Paper - Colorbok, cut 2 using Elegant Edges @ 1.47", Border <shift> on pg 55
Yellow Paper - Colorbok, cut at 9.25" x 4
Flowers - The Paper Studio, cut using Plantin Schoolbook @ 1.5", 1.25", 1", Circle on pg 72
Leaves - Recollections, cut using Straight From The Nest @ 4", Branch-1 <shift> on pg 42

Have a fabulous day!

Adios,
Cheryl



3 comments:

  1. I love it. It is very bright and cheery. Great papers. I've got to try those flowers.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind Demo
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so pretty, fun and happy! As for the paper I always say "the first cut is the hardest" hee-hee it's gorgeous!
    Have a super day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!