Monday, September 24, 2012

Trees!

Last week, I posted a pocket card based on a sketch I found.  I made two that day, so I thought I'd share the second one with you now. 

A long time ago, I kept eyeballing the DCWV Green stack at Hobby Lobby.  Every time I'd look at it, I would fall in love with this cute little beaver and skunk paper in the stack.  So, eventually, I broke down and bought it.  Once I got it home, I tried to use it several times on several projects.  I have come to the conclusion that I don't have much need for beavers or skunks on most of my cards, no matter how cute they are.

When I started working on this card and was looking through my paper, I thought "Why not use the trees?". I may as well get some use out of that paper I just had to have.  I am actually quite happy with how it turned out.  I love the colors of the trees.

The woodgrain paper is also from the same stack.  I think it looks great with the trees.  Very nature-ish, right?

I wasn't sure what I'd use this tree card for, so I went with a simple, generic sentiment.

Just like the previous card, I added a ribbon at the top as a tab to pull the card out of the pocket.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections cardstock, cut at 5.25" from Elegant Edges
Brown mat - DCWV Green stack, cut at 4.5" x  4.5"
Woodgrain mat -  DCWV Green stack , cut at 4.25" x 4.25"
Tree mat - DCWV Green stack, cut at 4" x 4"
Cream card (inside) - Recollections cardstock, cut at 3" x 3.25"
Woodgrain mat (inside) - DCWV Green stack, cut at 3.25" x 3.5"
Stamp - Studio G
Ink - Versamark

These pocket cards make me smile.  They were really fast to make, yet they don't look too simple.  You should try one!

Blessings,
Cheryl









3 comments:

  1. WOW, it's GORGEOUS! Love the pocket, it's really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the pocket, easy and unique...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this card and the steps. I laughed when I read your comment about paper with beavers and skunks! I too buy paper then have no clue what to do with it.

    Marta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!