Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Top 5 Cartridges

As I've mentioned many times, I am not a fan of bugs.  A few weeks ago, on a Saturday morning, my hubby and I sat down on the couch to eat our oatmeal before he went to bed (he works nights).  My desk is in my living room and I have this rolling cart beside it that has a bunch of drawers with stainless steel accents.  I looked across the room and saw this hanging under the bar on top of the cart.


Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

A praying mantis was perched upside down on the rails.  I start shrieking, like any normal, bug-fearing woman would do.  My husband is like "Zip it and get the camera!".  He thought it was super cool, so he took a ton of pictures before putting him in a cup and letting him go.  Of course, then I got a lesson on how important they are because they eat other bugs and are "so neat and cool".  I still don't like them and their creepy antennae, long legs and beady eyes!  His lesson did not change my mind.  I am still an irrational, bug-fearing gal.

On to more pleasant topics....

Today, I wanted to talk about cartridges.  For a while there, I was buying a new cartridge every month.  I would wait impatiently for Hello Thursday and make my list of what I wanted.  I must admit, I don't feel that way much anymore.  A lot of the new cartridges have been digital or lite and not really things I would use frequently.  I have several older carts that I seem to use on almost every card.  I thought I'd share my favorites with all of you, in case you're in the market for some new carts!  Here goes...



Elegant Edges - Thanks to you all, I bought this cartridge.  I put it off for a long time because I was being cheap, but after all the comments telling me it was good, I went for it.  And I can say, it's probably my favorite cartridge.  If you don't own this one, I would highly recommend it.






Birthday Bash - When I bought this cartridge, I was on the Flaunt it Fridays design team and I needed it for some projects.  I wasn't sure I even wanted it before then, but I figured I could use it eventually.  It's great!  Besides the great cuts for kid's cards, it has good shaped cards and I love the Ice Cream Sundae cut on it!  The font is really nice as well.  It's very versatile and has much more than you'd think at first glance.




Flower Shoppe - Do I even have to explain this one?  My love for flowers is quite obvious if you've been to my blog at all!  I love, love, love the 3D flowers on this cartridge.  This one is tied with Elegant Edges for my most used cart.  Buy it today!!!  You can get a really good deal on it right now at Amazon.  Go HERE to check it out.






Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 - I {heart} boxes and bags!  The original TBBM was a good cartridge and I used it like crazy.  This one is much more versatile and has some very creative cuts.  I really like the cards and envelopes...although I haven't figured them all out yet!  The scoring blade option is awesome as well, especially when you have to cut 25 bags at a time.




Forever Young - This is just a fun cartridge!  It's girlie, flirty and super cute. The silhouettes  are really nice, but my favorite cuts are the flowers.  They have lots of layers which gives you a great amount of versatility in using them.




These are some of my favorites.  What are yours?  I have a few new ones I want to buy, and Wild Card 2 is on the top of that list.  Have any of you bought/tried that cart?  I'd love to know your feedback.

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl