Monday, September 17, 2012

Pocket Card

I follow a ton of paper crafting blogs. A TON.  Alot of times, I'll look at them at work on my break.  When I find something really inspiring, I'll either email it to myself or jot down the sketch on a piece of paper.  A few days ago, I was cleaning in my spare bedroom (a.k.a. Disaster Area) and I saw this little post-it note stuck to the side of a Rubbermaid container and on it was the sketch for this card.  I have no idea where I saw the original card or sketch, but I thought I should try it.  So I did.  Twice.  Here's the first card I made based on that sketch.

The base of the card is from Elegant Edges.  I cut it from cream cardstock, then inked the edges.  The rest of the layers were cut using my trimmer.

The sentiment is from a stamp by Studio G.  I love the old fashioned, typewriter-ish look of the font.  I added the sentiment using foam dots to make it stand out a bit more.

I made a smaller card to go inside the pocket, then punched a small hole at the top for the ribbon.

I then threaded the ribbon through the top to make a pull tab.  I used my 1.25" punch to cut the notch in the striped paper.  I have to tell ya... That piece of cardstock is in that pocket sideways and it's wreaking havoc with my OCD.  I wish I'd caught it when I took the picture, but I didn't.

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections cardstock, cut at 5.25" from Elegant Edges
Brown mat - Recollections Mosaic stack, cut at 4.5" x  4.5"
Pink polka dot mat - Recollections Mosaic stack, cut at 4.25" x 4.25"
Striped mat - Recollections Mosaic stack, cut at 4" x 4"
Cream card (inside) - Recollections cardstock, cut at 3.5" x 3.25"
Stamp - Studio G
Ink - Versamark

I am so happy I found that little paper with this sketch on it.  I am definitely going to use this layout again.  I made this card super simple, but I think it would be pretty to decorate the outside of the pocket with flowers or butterflies and fancies!  

Have a blessed day!
Cheryl




6 comments:

  1. love it Cheryl!! pinning it to my board today:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE! I LOVE this idea!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. So funny...I browse during break, too and jot memorables to try later on a lil note...LOL.

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind. Demonstrator
    justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Save~10% shop w/me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh..I love this!! Very cute, love the papers and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card with lots of possibilities as you said! I'm going to give it a try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!