Saturday, September 8, 2012

Plain Jane

I was finally able to get some of my pictures edited and I have a card to share with you today!  Being the Children's Pastor at my church, I have a group of folks that I oversee in our ministry.  I always try to send a birthday card to each one of them.  In our puppet group, we have a few teenage boys.  Can I tell you how much I hate making cards for boys?  They are just much harder than girls!  I want to make them fun cards, but it's really hard for me.  One of our boys turned 16 this week, so I decided to try a simple approach for his card.

Totally plain Jane, huh?  I thought it would be fun to just make a funky, simple card.  I used some paper that almost looks neon as a throwback to some 80's colors.  It didn't photograph very well, but the colors are super bright.

If you look closely at the cake, the circles are actually orange.  They look sorta yellow in the pic.  I've had this cartridge forever and have actually tried to make this cake several times and it always turned out looking weird.  I like it this time in bright colors!

I put the cake on using an Action Wobble.  I was taking this picture before I walked out the door for church (to take the card to him) and was in a big hurry.  This is the best "action" shot I could get of the Wobbling motion!

My hubby really liked this card.  I wasn't in love, but like I said, it's for a boy so I had to forego the sparkles and flowers!

Card Recipe:
Card base - from Life's A Party, cut at 4.75" (I used fit to page on a 12x12 sheet)
Cake - from Life's A Party, cut at 4"
Action Wobble

Have a fabulous weekend!
Cheryl



1 comment:

  1. It's just the ticket Cheryl! I find boys are only interested in what's inside anyway, so there's no point in going OTT with their cards. But this is just perfect. The action wobble will generate interest in the OUTSIDE for a change. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!