Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quick Tip

I have a really quick tip to share with you all today.  This past weekend, I made all those little Back To School treat boxes for my kids at church.  Each one had an itty, bitty apple on it.  You can see them HERE, in case you missed that post.


I have found when cutting a shape (especially small ones) that has multiple layers, it's very helpful to leave the base cut on the mat while you adhere the layers.  This is very helpful if you have many to assemble, like I did with the apples.

When I cut the apples, there was a base layer in green (leaves), a red layer (apple) and a brown layer (stem).  I cut all of these on one mat.  I then removed the extra paper and left the cuts on the mat.


As you can see in the photo above, I just started gluing the layers on with the cuts directly on the mat.  This is a lifesaver if you have multiples with tiny pieces.  There's nothing more annoying than losing a small piece to your cut and having to cut it again.  I then added the brown stems, let them sit on the mat for a few minutes to dry, then they were ready to go.  Easy peasy!

I hope this tip helps make your life easier.  Have a blessed day!

Cheryl




2 comments:

  1. Cheryl - what a fabulous idea!! It's one of those things that you go doh! why didn't I think of that. TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl...I'm so glad to know that some folks think outside the box so it makes my life much easier. I agree with Karon, it is a DUH, why did I... moment. Thanks so mch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!