Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to school... A little late!

I really love back to school time.  I have no children and although my hubby is in school, he doesn't need normal supplies for his classes, but...  I love to shop for school supplies anyway!  Office supplies make me happy.  All the beautiful colors of pens, highlighters, notepads.... they're just lovely.  The last few years I've gone crazy and bought tons of spiral notebooks, binders, highlighters, pens and tape when they go on sale 10/$1.00.  While that may be a good deal, how much of this stuff can one person use?  So, this year, I restrained myself and only bought one package of pens and they were really pretty and totally worth it!


I fed my addiction by buying fun supplies to give away at our annual Back to School Bash in my Children's Church class. Besides giving away some supplies, I made a box for each child to take home.



I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 for the boxes and cut them at 7".  I decorated each box with a strip of patterned paper cut at 2" wide on top of a solid color cut at 2.25" wide.  The patterned paper is by The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby.


The apple is from Doodlecharms.  I used the hide/contour feature on my Gypsy to hide the detailed cuts and just cut the plain apple, leaf and stem.  I cut the apples at 1.00".  I printed the sentiment off from my computer.


I only had a couple of sheets of the yellow alphabet paper, so I had to make some of the boxes from this other school-ish paper I had.  I am really please with the boxes.  They were filled sweet deliciousness...

Cake Batter Muddy Buddies!  Yum-O!

I normally put candy and small toys in the treat bags I make, but I found this recipe HERE and thought it sounded great.  And it was!  I would highly recommend trying them - and they're super easy to make! 

Thanks for stopping by today!  

Have a great Monday!
Cheryl



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE! I had to go right onto ebay to see how much the cart. is going for:)
    It is very nice of you to make them for the children at your church. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!!

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are a blessing making those super cute and fun boxes for the kids at church. I'm sure they were a HUGE hit. I love how you decorated them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!