Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You are Fabulous!


It's been so long since I just sat down and crafted just for fun....and I love it!  I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm the most creative when I'm not on a deadline or have to make something specific.  I sat down at my desk over the weekend and just decided to make a card.  Here's what I came up with...





For the base of the card, I used a cut from Elegant Edges.  I welded two shadows together using Gypsy, than cut the patterned layers just a bit smaller so they would nest in there just right.  I inked all the edges using Chestnut brown ink.

For the inside of the card, I used the same brown patterned paper as a mat, then added a piece of cream colored cardstock.

The flower and leaves were cut from the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I cut the flower in several sizes, inked the edges and layered them on top of one another.  I added some bling to the center.  For the sentiment, I used a stamp from the dollar bin at Michael's.  I hand cut the banner, then adhered it with glue dots.  I have to apologize - I forgot to write down the cut sizes for this card.  I have them in my Gypsy at home, so if you'd like to know, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email and I'll look them up for you.

Card Recipe:
Card base - Kraft cardstock by Recollections
Brown mat - Patterned paper by Colorbok, Bonjour stack
Patterned mat - Patterned paper by Colorbok, Bonjour stack
Flower and leaves - Patterned paper by Recollections, Mosaic stack
Sentiment - Cream cardstock by Recollections
Ink - Chestnut Ink by Colorbox

It's supposed to be 109 degrees here today, so I wish you all cool weather wherever you are!  If you're somewhere cool and breezy, please send cool thoughts my way!

Blessings,
Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. Love it Cheryl. Your flowers are always so very pretty. Great shape to the card and as always the inside is fab too! I hope you're staying inside today with that high heat out there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning card. Love the shape and the flower is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! The patterns are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card love the flower

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!