Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wobbly Birthday Card


I'm back again with another cupcake card.  I think I love cupcakes almost as much as flowers....eating them and using them on cards!  It seems like every time I make a birthday card, I want to put a cupcake on it.  I do try to refrain, but sometimes it just happens.


I made this card last week for a friend at church.  All the papers on the card are from a stack by Momenta.  I've never used that brand of paper before but I found it on sale at Big Lots so I thought I'd try it.  You'll see my thoughts on it during my first product review segment coming in a few days.

I cut several layers of the cupcake to give it some dimension.  I added each layer with a foam dot, then put an extra layer of just the cherry.  I put the cupcake on the card using an Action Wobble.  The cupcake is from Birthday Bash and the stamp is by Studio G.

I added a little white accent to the cherry using my Sakura gel pen, then used glossy accents to make it shiny.  It was a lovely, glossy cherry...almost good enough to eat.

Speaking of cherries, I love to eat them fresh, but they are sure expensive this year!  Has anyone else noticed that?  They were 6.99/lb. at Walmart the other day.  Groceries are fairly cheap in Oklahoma, so that's way high for us!  Last summer, I paid 3.00+ per pound.  Ok...back to the card...

As you can see in this close up shot, I inked all the edges with brown ink.  At the end, I added some bling.  I've already given the card away and I'm still second guessing that decision.  I can't decide whether it was too much or not.  I tried twine and it looked weird, so I settled on bling.

Here's a pic of the card with the envelope.  The paper is double sided and the candles are the back side of the yellow on the base of the card.  I cut the envelope and card base from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2.

Blessings,
Cheryl





3 comments:

  1. I think your card is darling and I like the bling, it gives it just the right finishing touch! Darling papers too, I'll look forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have cherries for $1.48 a pound - probably cuz they are grown out here in the pacific northwest:-) love the card Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous - love all the colours and the envelope to match:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!