Friday, July 20, 2012

Font Friday - Sail


I love fonts!  I mean I really, really love fonts.  To the point that I have filled up a flash drive with zip files of fonts and can't save anymore.  Yes, I know.  Obsessed is how I would describe that as well.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved beautiful, colorful handwritten words.  When I was a child, I would sit for hours and just write names, words, anything - with all different colors of markers and crayons.  The only art I made as a teenager was word art.  Then, we got a computer and I discovered the world of fonts.  Oh my word.  What a wonderful world it is!  I don't know what it is, but beautiful typography just makes me smile.  Lettering can change the whole look of a document or even a product label.  My husband laughs at me because I notice fonts on everything.... containers, signs, buildings, etc.

I know a lot of us use printed sentiments on our cards and layouts, so I thought it would be fun to start sharing a new font with you each week.  Some of them will come from my massive collection and some will be new to me as well.  I have been keeping my eye out for fonts that would look good as sentiments or for journaling on scrapbook pages.

Without further ado, here's this week's font:



I love this font.  All the swirls on the capital letters are lovely and even with all that, it's still quite easy to read, which is nice for a fancy font.  You can download Sail HERE

I just found this font, so I haven't tried it out yet.  Let me know what you think if you try it!  Also, if you have a font that you think would be great to share, just email me at pinkandpaper@gmail.com. 

Blessings,
Cheryl















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!