Monday, July 2, 2012

Altered Memo Pads - #2



As I metioned last week, we made altered memo pads as one of the crafts at our ladies retreat.  I have several more to share with you, as I made quite a few examples.  Next Monday and Tuesday, I will have a booth at a ministry conference.  Hopefully, this is my last BIG project of this year (I'm ready for a break!).  I am planning to make several of these using some scripture stamps and various other designs.  I'll share those with you in a couple of weeks just to show a different design.



I believe this is my favorite of all the designs I made.  I {heart} this paper.  It's from Michael's Recollections brand.  The only downside is that the paper is really thin.  You definitely have to use cardstock as a base when using it.

I added a strip of coordinating paper to the top section, then wrapped it with twine for an accent.  I had originally tied a bow out of twine, but then removed it because the paper style didn't really go with a bow.  I opted to just leave it simple.

As with all the notepads we made, I printed the sentiment on the computer, then punched it using a 1.25" punch.  I chose some coordinating papers to use for the border of the sentiment.  I would have preferred to use something other than black ink for the sentiment, but since we were mass producing them, I printed all the sentiments in black ink for ease of use by a big group.

As you can see, these are super easy to make.  I was thinking they would make great Christmas or birthday presents, or even party favors for a shower.  As I was searching for a great deal on the memo pads, I discovered you could get them for a little over $1.00 each on Amazon.com when you buy a pack of 12.  I've listed the link below if you're interested.


Have a blessed day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. i love these!!! they are awesome

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!