Friday, May 11, 2012

She's Back!!!

Finally, I am back in the land of blogging and crafting! I have really missed you guys and I think I might have actually heard my Cricut & Gypsy sobbing last night from feeling so neglected. It saddened my heart.

The last few weeks have held some stress and busy times for me. Besides the family situation we had, I had orders for almost 200 teacher appreciation items, had a garage sale (Yea for me...made over $400 on my junk!), made 30 paper teacups for our women's tea last night (with help from my good pal, Cassie), had to make what seemed like a gazillion birthday cards for May and a bunch of other little stuff that took up way too much time.

I am officially taking a breath for the first time in 2 weeks.

WOW! That felt good.

Ok, so now for the real reason you're here... My good friend Trudy is the president of PTA at her kid's school. She was kind enough to hire me to make goodies for their teacher appreciation week festivities. Although it's hard work, I really do enjoy it and I certainly enjoy the money!

This is one of the 3 items I made. This hanging treat box was designed on my Gypsy and was actually easier to design than I'd anticipated. I am planning to make several styles and offer them for download in my store in a few weeks, if any of you would like to try them as well.  There were several blogs I saw where they hand cut them all, but if I can use my Gypsy, that's what I do.  It's such a time saver for me. 

The patterned paper is from The Paper Studio and I purchased it at Hobby Lobby. For the crayon, apple and pencil, I used the Gypsy and the cartridges are listed below. The sentiment was printed on my computer, then punched out with a 1.5" punch. I used a 2" scalloped circle punch to cut the bigger circle.

Pencil - Smiley Cards
Apple - Doodlecharms
Crayon - Simply Charmed

I glued everything to the box and then adhered the pencils/apples/crayons with a foam dot. 

Each container held a single serve packet of drink mix (I used Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry and Strawberry Lime - YUMMMMM) and a pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers. From what Trudy said, they were hit and that makes my heart happy!

I'll be back soon with the rest of my projects for the school and then will post my Mother's Day projects after I deliver them.

Have a blessed and wonderful Friday!
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Love this project Cheryl! Everything coordinates beautifully! The treat boxes look really cool using Kraft card. (Kraft is always reminiscent of schooldays for me). Perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome

    Rosiemini@gmail.com

    Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.om

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!