Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fun Flower Card!

Hello friends!  Today I want to share a simple card I made a while back.  It turned out way better than I expected, so that's always nice!
I got Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 about a month ago and I was ready to make everything in that handbook!  I love almost every cut on that cartridge.  The problem is....life got in the way.  Does that ever happen to you?  Do you ever want to not be an adult so you can just play all day with your paper and not do yucky things like work, bills, laundry, etc?  I do.  I admit it.  I don't really love being a grown up sometimes.  But we gotta do it, sadly.  


Last week, my car broke down ($400 later and it's somewhat fixed), our dryer had died a few weeks earlier and we were in the process of trying to get a new one, our air conditioner was acting up (not good in Oklahoma humidity), our plumbing backed up AND for the first time in my life, my back went out.  There were a few other small things, but you get the gist!  Needless to say, all that craziness put a dent in my fun time.  I have to point out here that God is so good to us.  He knows just what we need when we need it and always provides.  Just before our car broke down, God blessed us with some money that would pay for our car, dryer and air conditioning issues.  Also, my back went out Sunday morning, right before I was supposed to leave and teach Children's Church.  Well, I am pretty stubborn and wasn't going to let that stop me, so I limped along and went to church.  They prayed for me and God healed my back as well!

I just realized I totally rambled on there.  Since you all have never met me face to face, let me just say, rambling is one of my greatest talents!  Back on track here, I said all that to say I've been wanting use TBBM 2 forever now and just keep running out of time.  I didn't manage to make a box or bag, but I did manage to use it a little on this card.  

The card base is from TBBM 2.  There are several basic card shapes on there that are really nice.  I inked the edges of everything with Chestnut ink.

The flowers came from Stamping Solutions and the leaves are from Flower Shoppe.  I am totally digging this paper.  It's from a stack by Recollections.  The paper hoarder in me keeps saying "Go buy another of these stacks before they stop carrying it!".  The stack has 180 sheets of paper and I've probably used 10 so far.  Why would I need another pack of this??  Well, I know why and it makes perfect sense to me, but since I don't want to end up on the TV show "Hoarders", I'm gonna stop myself.

I am very pleased with the color scheme and style of the card.  I normally like brighter and more sparkly cards, but this one makes my heart happy.  It's kinda denim-ish looking, don't ya think?


Card Recipe:
Base - Kraft cardstock by Recollections, Cut from TBBM 2 (card feature) @ 4.5"
Blue Circle - Recollections paper, Cut from George & Basic Shapes @ 3.75"
Grid Circle - Recollections paper, Cut from George & Basic Shapes @ 3.50"
Flowers - Recollections paper, Cut from Stamping Solutions @ 2.75", 2.50" & 2.25"
Leaves - K&Company paper, Cut from Flower Shoppe @ 1.5"
Stamp - Studio G
Ink - Recollections
Button & Twine - Pink and Paper


That's all for today folks!  Have a happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Cheryl



  



3 comments:

  1. God is good! He answers our prayers, fills our every need and never gets tired of hearing our praises... So glad your back is better.
    Love the card, and I have to agree -- it is denim-ish in feel. I wish I could learn to put different patterns together and make them look as good as yours (still learnin')!!
    TK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Cheryl.Have to admit that I am slightly (ok...lots!) obsessed with boxes so missed the cards on TBBM2!Yours is so pretty.Glad your back is recovering.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is really lovely - I love the colours you have used. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!