Saturday, April 7, 2012

Party Hat Card


Hey guys!  I finally have a project to share with you all.  It felt great to be back at my desk, although I must admit - I'm out of my groove!  I sat at my desk and just stared at the paper forever and finally came up with this.  It helped that I went a little shopping crazy and bought 4 new packs of paper this week!



My hubby picked out this paper for me at Hobby Lobby.  It's called Uptown Flair and it's by The Paper Studio.  I don't love glitter paper usually because it wears out my blade, but I loved the pink, green and black color scheme, so I decided to get it.  It's hard to see in the pic, but some of the dots on the hat are sparkly and glittery!

 The hat is from Straight From the Nest.  I cut it twice; I adhered one directly to the card and adhered the second one right on top with foam tape.

I cut the top section off the hat and added my own pom pom on top.  I made this using twine.  If you'd like to know how I did it, let me know and I can do a tutorial.  It's super easy.

I added a strip of patterned paper to the bottom of the card, then adhered a piece of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment.  The stamp is from the dollar bin at Joann's.

The color looks terrible in this picture, but those three little buttons are actually beautiful lime green and covered with glitter.  I got them from Hobby Lobby on clearance a long time ago and always forget I have them.  

Here's a quick shot of the inside of the card.  I also added a strip of the polka dot paper and some twine to the envelope.

Card Recipe:
Base: White cardstock - A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Pink Mat: 4" x 5.25"
Black Mat: 3.75" x 5"
Party Hat: Straight From the Nest - 2.75"
Striped Strip: 1" x 4"
White Strip: .5" x 4"
Watermelon Twine from Pink and Paper (coming soon!)
Green sparkly buttons by The Paper Studio
Recollections cardstock
Patterned paper by The Paper Studio - Uptown Flair
Black ink by Recollections

I wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and thoughts about my grandfather.  He's home from the hospital now and is stable.  I want you all to know that you're some of the kindest people I've ever had the chance to encounter.  All the kind thoughts, prayers and offers to talk were so sweet and brought tears to my eyes.  Thanks for caring so much!

Hugs,
Cheryl

12 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love that pom pom and the colors on the whole card are just so happy. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Sarah
    http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the party hat and the wonderful pom pom you made! Great papers!
    Sending prayers for your grandfather, you, and your family!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! The papers you chose are perfect and the pom pon at the top is just adorable! I hope things continue to improve for your gradfather! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Birthday Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Cheryl. Your husband has good taste! That paper is fabulous. Love your pom pom and all the extra details for the inside and the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute - LOVE the color combinations. The extra papers on the inside dress up the card just perfectly!!!

    Nancy

    fancynancystamps@gmail.com
    fancynancysnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish MY hubby was as good Cheryl!!! Your card is a little smasher and the colours are gorgeous. I can see the sparkle quite clearly on the dots and the green brads look just as they should. I'm happy for you and the family that your granddad is stable and at home. Take care. Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card!! Simple & unique. I would love to know how to do the pom pom. Thanks. Scrappy Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card!! I have that stack and love it myself! Thanks for joining in the Birthday Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card. I think I can make the hat from a Birthday Bash cart that I have. LOVE the colors. I would like to know how to make the pom pom. What a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Your Card is So Cute!!! Love the Pom Pom! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love that festive, glittery paper!!! :)

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!