Friday, April 27, 2012

Envelope Card

Hi my crafty friends!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I wanted to share a card I made a while back and just realized I'd never posted.  I've seen cards like this on several blogs over the years and have always liked the idea, so here's my version!
It's a card within a card!  How fun is that?  I am not sure I'm in love with my color choices, but I do love the style of the card.  I am definitely going to have to make more of these!  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the strip of green is torn instead of a clean cut.  I liked that at first, but now I don't!  I'll post the details below, but I cut the envelope and assembled it, then made a little card to go inside.

I inked all the edges and tied some twine around the envelope to make it "fancier".  I love twine!  And now I have a gazillion yards of it...  =)  I attached the envelope using foam dots to make it stand up.

Here's what my mini card looks like.  I cut it and then embellished it with a tab and brad.  It's a really fun card and I'm already planning my next one.  Have you ever made one of these cards?

Card Recipe:
Base - Recollections paper, 5" x 6.5"
Brown Mat - The Paper Studio, 4.75" x 4"
Orange Mat - Recollections, 1" x 4.75"
Green Mat - The Paper Studio, 4.75" x 2.25"
Tiny Envelope - K&Company paper, cut from Plantin Schoolbook @ 2.25
Twine - Chestnut, Pink and Paper
Tiny Card - Recollections, 3" x 2", rounded corners
Tab on Card - The Paper Studio, 1.5" circle punch, cut in half
Flower Brad - Oriental Trading
Stamp - Studio G
Brown Ink - Recollections
Inked Edges - Distress Ink in Linen

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Toodles!
Cheryl


2 comments:

  1. Great card, love the green dotted paper and the twine. I like that you posted measurements for square envelopes (previous post)...I have the MS scoreboard too and LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute Cheryl. The twine looks fabulous and I love the idea of the little card inside the envelope. I've never made one like this. Toodles to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!