Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Elephant!


I just love elephants.  Don't you?  Ever since I saw Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel riding an elephant in India, I decided I want my own to ride around on! And I would name him Alfred.  (I think Alfred is a dandy name for an elephant)  I'm really not crazy, I promise.  I just love animals...except for Llamas.  I don't love any animal that even resembles a Llama.  While at a petting zoo as a child, a llama, with hatred in his eyes, viciously spit on me and ruined any love I would ever have for those animals.  I think they are horribly mean creatures.  Wait....How did I get on that subject?
This is a papercrafting blog, so let's get back on track...


All the cuts on this card are from Birthday Bash.  I really like that cartridge.  There are some cuts of animals on there that look weird to me, but overall it has some great things on it, especially the card feature.  It's a little hard to see, but I added a foam dot behind his ear to make it stand out a bit.

Here's some more of that great action photography.  I'm such a pro...ha ha.  As I mentioned in my previous post, it only took me like 50 shots to get one good shot of the Wobble doing it's wobbly thing.  Obviously, I adhered the elephant with an Action Wobble.  I'm in love with these little plastic springs.  Too much fun!

On the top of the card, I added some twine from my store.  The sentiment is from The Paper Studio (I think).  I stamped it and then cut the banner around it by hand.  I added black ink to the edges of my cuts and added white stitching around the outside.

Here's a quick shot of the inside of the card.  Simple, but I felt it needed something.  I also made an envelope, but apparently I forgot to take a picture.

Card Recipe:
Card base: Kraft cardstock, from Birthday Bash, cut at 5"
Smaller circle (rainbow pattern): Recollections paper, from Plantin Schoolbook, cut at 4"
Larger circles (teal stripes): Recollections paper, from  Plantin Schoolbook , cut at 4.25"
Elephant: Recollections paper, from Birthday Bash, cut at 2.75"

Inside of card:
White circle: Xerox cardstock, from Plantin Schoolbook, cut at 3.75"
Red circle: Recollections paper, from Plantin Schoolbook, cut at 4"
Teal circle: Recollections paper, from Plantin Schoolbook, cut at 4"

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the giveaways going on right now HERE and HERE.  If you'd like to purchase Action Wobbles or Baker's Twine, go HERE to shop.

Have a great day!
Cheryl




  







3 comments:

  1. i LOVE that Elephant, he is one of the cutest ones I've seen! Great colors and papers...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fun! Love that elephant and the shape of the card. Genius idea raising his ear up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, Cheryl!!! :) I love the way the baker's twine covers the flat part/the card crease.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!