Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sunflower Birthday Card

Happy Spring!  Yesterday was the "official" first day of Spring and we've had nothing but rain!  I love rain, but a lot of folks are wishing for more springlike weather.  Today I want to share a fun and very simple birthday card with you...


Have you ever had a vision in mind for a project, only to change it a gazillion times before putting it together?  That's what happened with this card.  I cut the sunflower first and had it all planned out.  The first plan didn't work, so I changed the background paper.  Then, it looked boring so I added the white trim.  Then, the size of card wasn't good so I changed that.  Yikes!  That's a lot of time on such a simple card.  But....this is what I came up with.  The card dimensions ended up being 7" x 3.5" (cut your paper at 7" x 7" and just fold in half).  I'm sorry to say I don't know what size the flower is cut at because I forgot to write it down!  The flower and pot are from Just Because Cards.  The white strip was done using a punch by EK Success.

The tag is from TBBM and was cut at 1/2".  I stamped the sentiment in brown and added some twine. I also inked all the edges in brown and added some white dots with my Gelly Roll pen.  I added the flower with a foam dot to make it stand out.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm on an envelope kick right now.  I cut this sunflower out for something else, but since I had it, I decided to add it to the envelope, which came from Just Because Cards.

I really like the look of lined envelopes, so I used the same paper from the front of the card to line the envelope.

Don't forget - I have an exciting announcement coming next week, so be sure to check back!

Blessings,
Cheryl





1 comment:

  1. so cute Cheryl!!! I forget to use this cart - you are inspiring me:-) We are having a blizzard here in Eugene, OR - crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!