Friday, March 23, 2012

Cupcake Pocket Card

Cupcakes!

Don't you just love cupcakes?  I do!  I don't eat them much, especially since I'm on a healthier eating plan, but I just love to look at them.  I like everything in miniature and cupcakes are mini cakes so they make me happy and smiley.  Oh, and I have another cupcake card to share with you.


When I first got my Cricut, I went online and printed a gazillion card ideas and put them in a 3 ring binder.  That's where the inspiration for this card came from.  Of course, I didn't have a blog at that time and didn't need to keep track of my sources, so I have no idea where it came from!  I saw a similar card on the Hero Arts Blog a few weeks ago, but it's not the original idea.  I like the one from Hero Arts, so I may have to try one like that soon. 

I started with a piece of paper measuring 11" x  4 3/4".  I scored it at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  I sealed the two sides with my ATG gun, leaving the top open for a pocket, then used my corner rounder.  For the insert, I cut the yellow mat at 5" x 4 3/4", then cut the white liner at 4 1/8" x 4 7/8".  I thought I got some really good pictures, but not many of them turned out due to a lighting issues, so I don't have a picture of the inside card.  I stamped Happy Birthday in aqua ink on the inside.  I punched a hole in the top and tied a bow using white twine.  The cupcake cut is from Celebrations.  I cut it in a couple different sizes and am not sure which one I ended up using; I would estimate around 2" would be a good choice.

It's a little hard to see, but I added iridescent glitter around the edges of the cupcake to go with the glitter in the paper.  The paper is from the Nursery Baby Boy stack by DCWV.

For the sentiment, I cut a strip of yellow paper measuring 1" x 4 1/2".  I stamped the sentiment in white, then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I trimmed the ends to make it look like a pennant, then attached with glue dots.  It got sorta bent up because I sat something on it and didn't realize it - so just look over the folds on the letter "c"!

Have a fabulous day!
Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!