Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Grown Up Card


So, I’m 36 years old and a lot of the time I still don’t feel like a grown up.  Sometimes I think it’s because I don’t have kids or because I enjoy silly things or because I still love pink, sparkly things!  Either way, I certainly don’t feel like I’m in my mid-thirties (saying that sends shivers down my spine….too close to 40!).  When I finished this card, I looked at it and thought “Wow, that looks very grown up for me!”.  I don’t know why exactly but it seems sophisticated and serious and all grown up.  What do you think?


The base of the card measures 5.5” square.  The patterned paper is from an Amy Butler stack by K&Company.  I’ve been hoarding this paper for a while because I love it so much.  I’m really trying to break that habit.  Paper is meant to be used, right?  To make the design, I placed a 5.5” square on the mat of my Gypsy.  I then pulled the circles from Elegant Edges, placed them off the edge of the square (on my mat) and figured out what size I wanted to cut them.  I cut all the circles and the shadows from Elegant Edges.


I added the circles, largest first, to the square mat for the card and then trimmed off the excess.  Once it was assembled, I added bling to the points on the fancy circle.  I inked all the edges in black.


The sentiment is a new stamp from the dollar bin at Joann’s.  I hand cut the banner for the stamp and added it with foam tape for dimension.

I added some of the patterned paper on the inside with a white mat.  I hate to see a card with a beautiful outside and a boring inside!

I like the layout of this card.  I’m thinking I need to make another one, experimenting with different shapes and patterns of paper.  I’m sure you’ll see more like this soon!

Blessings,
Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, it is a grown up card - very sophisticated and lovely :) I am just like you - 37 almost 38, I love cute and pink too. The pattern paper is gorgeous, and I love the shape you chose. TFS

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your grown up, sophisticated card Cheryl. What's that saying...growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional? LOL. My Dad in almost 70 and he insists he's not a grown up. My 3 yr old daughter said she wants to be just like her Papa and never grow up! I'm in my 40's and I don't feel it (most days!) I like to think that I think and act young. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!