Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Back to Normal...

Happy Wednesday!  I feel like it's been forever since I've been around here.  What a busy, busy past few days!  As I mentioned in my previous post, we had been preparing for a big dinner at church on Monday night.  We worked all day Saturday decorating, then worked all day Monday cooking.  I thought it turned out to be a fabulous evening and the dinner got great reviews!  I also have to mention that I have the best pals in the world at church - everyone pitched in and worked until exhaustion to make sure things were just right.  I took Tuesday off to recuperate and now I'm back to normal life, I think.  =) 

I have a bunch of cards to share with you so let's get to the first one...

The inspiration for this card came from Pinterest.  I can't find it now so I can't link you to the original, but my version is not as cute as the original - I'm sure of that!  I don't hate the card, but I'm not in love with it either.  It just doesn't match the plan I had in my head for it.


For the base, I used a cut from Birthday Bash.  I love the card shapes on that cartridge!  I cut a circle liner from George and Basic Shapes.  I embossed the icing using the divine swirls Cuttlebug folder and then added stickles to make it sparkle.  I added Glossy Accents to the cherry, but you can't really see it in the picture.  I hand cut the banner shape and used a stamp from the dollar bin at Michael's.  The happy, rainbow dot paper is by Cricut.  I got it when they had the packs on sale from Cricutmachine.com a few months ago. 

I hope your Wednesday is swell!  I will be back soon with more cards and fun. 

Blessings,
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute. I love all the colors and texture you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The first thing I thought when I saw it was "I need to PIN this"! (...and I'm going to....) I think you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!