Thursday, December 1, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card


Happy December!  Can you believe it's December 1st?  I can't.  This year's flown by super fast!  Today I want to share a simple, masculine birthday card I made for my friend at church.


I find it really hard to make manly cards.  I just like sparkles and pink way too much, I guess.  I cut the stars in graduated sizes using Plantin Schoolbook.  I inked the edges with a darker yellow, but you can't see it too well in the picture.  I added each one using foam dots to give it lots of dimension.  This posed a small challenge fitting it in the envelope, but I got it to work!

The sentiment was stamped on a tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  The stamp is from Hero Arts.  The polka dot paper was on clearance at Michael's.

This card was super fast to make and would work great if you need a quick birthday card.  You could make it more girlie by using a graduated flower or heart instead of the star.  And, of course, by adding some glitter or sparkles as well!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for some Cricut Christmas paper here.  I will be drawing a winner on Friday night.

Blessings,
Cheryl


8 comments:

  1. I struggle coming up with ideas for manly cards too. I really like how you did the star. Kind of looks like it's shooting off the paper. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I super love the dimension you gave the star.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, what a great idea! I like this so much! I'm going to save it in my card inspiration folder. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your card! What a great idea and the way you did the star is awesome.
    Have a blessed day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chris - Creations in Bloom
    Chris - From now on this is my "shooting star card". Ha ha! I love that description.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beckie
    Thanks, Beckie. I got a little carried away with the foam dots, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rachel
    Wow, Rachel - What a compliment! I don't know if I've ever made a card that went into someone's inspiration folder! =) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kate
    Thanks, Kate! You have a blessed day as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!