Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Simple Birthday Card

Howdy folks!  I hope you're all having a fantastic Tuesday!  Today I want to share a quick and simple birthday card I made for my pal at church.


For the base of the card I used Elegant Edges.  The shape started out as more a square and I re-shaped it in my Gypsy to fit a #10 envelope (approx 4" x 9.5").  I used the shadow feature for the base and welded the two together.  I then cut a layer in black, then white, then added a layer of patterned paper.  Like most paper crafters, I go through a lot of white cardstock.  I discovered it's much cheaper to buy white cardstock in the office supplies area instead of the scrapbooking section.  I have started using this:


I find that it's way cheaper than the cardstock packaged specifically for crafting and it cuts very well with my Cricut.  On Amazon, you can get 250 sheets for less than eight bucks.  I still have a small pack of textured white for fancier things, but this basic cardstock works fabulously for most of my projects.


I stamped the sentiment and matted it on black.  Can you see my snafu on the word "sending"?  The stamp apparently shifted and smeared.  I hate it when that happens.  I cut the flowers using Serenade Solutions from some coral-ish pink cardstock by ColorBok and added a pearl to the center.

This was super simple, but I think it turned out looking nice and elegant.  Have a blessed day!

Cheryl



Products Used:

                       




4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Cheryl! Love that shape and the black and white is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and Elegant Edges is one of my favorite cartridges. Black and white with a bit of the coral makes a great color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris - Creations in Bloom
    Chris, you always have such kind words. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sharron
    Sharron, I would never have purchased Elegant Edges if you guys (my fabulous followers) hadn't told me how great it was. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!