Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cuppy-Cake!


Wow…It’s been a while, hasn’t it?  I’ve missed you guys!  =)  I know the holidays are always busy, but it seems this year is even busier than before.  I need about 5 more hours in each day to get everything done!


Last night, I finally took photos of all the cards and projects I’ve done over the last week or two so I’m hopefully getting caught up!  Today I want to share a fun birthday card I made...



I used the cupcake from Doodlecharms for the base.  I welded the shadows together to form the shaped card.  This cut comes with some “sprinkles” on the icing, but I wanted it to be a simpler card, so I used the hide/contour feature on my Gypsy to hide those.  I cut each layer twice, so I could put them on foam dots to give it some dimension.  I tied some twine around the bottom of the cupcake because it looked sorta boring.  I’m not sure I love the twine there…


For the sentiment, I debated on either leaving it off and just stamping the inside or stamping it on the actual cupcake.  I finally settled on a little tag, held together with the orange brad.

Do you ever make a card and then have to keep changing things because it doesn’t look right?  That’s how this one was.  Now that it’s complete, I really like it.  But it was a process getting there!

I hope you’re all having a fabulous week!  I will be back soon with more fun stuff.  Happy Thursday!

Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand you:-) I think the card turned out fabulous my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @teachdanz
    Aww...thanks! You're too kind! Have a great day!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute cupcake card!

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!