Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Smiley Pumpkin



Do you give cards for Halloween?  I never have before.  It just doesn't seem like one of those card holidays to me.  I found some great Halloween paper that I liked, so I decided I would make some cards and give them away this year...just because.  Since I'm a chicken and don't like scary things (no horror flicks for me), I made mine a cheerful Halloween card.... 
I used some Halloween paper I got at Hobby Lobby on clearance last year.  I love all those dots!


Mr. Happy Pumpkin comes from Smiley Cards.  He's super cute!!!  If you can't tell from the picture, the orange paper has glitter stripes on it.  Yet again, from the dollar spot at Target.  I inked the edges of the leaves to make them stand out a little more.  Instead of cutting those teensy black dots, I used a Sharpie for his eyes.

This shape is from Lacy Labels.  I re-sized it on my Gypsy to fit the stamp.  I punch a slit in each end and threaded the ribbon through.  The letters on HALLOWEEN were just an outline.  I don't normally color in my stamps, but I decided I wanted the letters black.  If I had some fancy Copic markers, I might try coloring....but, as I stated in my last post, I'm cheap and will probably never buy them.  To help keep my lines crisp, I embossed the image, then colored them in with a black marker.  This caused a dimensional effect on the letters and made the coloring much easier.  It created a little "lip" on the outside of each letter.

I would love to see your Halloween creations.  Please feel free to email any pics you have at pinkandpaper@gmail.com.  Ta Ta for now!

Blessings,
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. I think we cardmakers find holidays to make cards for, possibly even create holidays to fulfill our cardmaking need:-) Great card, love the bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @teachdanz
    I agree! I can always find an occasion for a card....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!