Monday, October 24, 2011

Let's go Batty!

Ok, so I'm aware the title of this post is cheesy, but oh well - I like it!  Since Halloween is just a week away (Where has this year gone?), I thought I'd kick off a week of fun Halloween projects and cards.  I told the kids in my class at church they could come by my house while trick-or-treating next week if they want, so I decided to make up some goodie bags for them and for my niece and nephew.
  

I used the fit to page feature and cut this on a 12x12 sheet of paper using Life's A .  I love this long triangle box!  It's just fun.  I used some bat paper I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby last year.


I tied the top the box closed with the green ribbon.  The top cuts with two tiny holes so you can tie it shut or even attach a ribbon to make a handle.


I cut the scalloped circles from Elegant Edges.  I used an embossing pen to write the sentiment and then embossed it with white powder.  The little bat is a sticker by Sandylion from the dollar spot at Joann's.  Isn't he cute?  Only as a sticker though, not in real life!  I don't do bats.  Ick.

I am off to work now, so I wish you all a happy and peaceful Monday.  I'll be back soon with more Halloween fun!

Blessings,
Cheryl




2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,it's not cheesy..you should see my title for my post today!
    This is so pretty for Halloween.Such a fun shape too.
    Have a great day.
    Jayne x
    jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great treat box Cheryl. I'm not a fan of bats but these are so cute! Have a great day at work. Can't wait to see what you have for us next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!