Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Balloons!

Hello to you all!  I hope you're having a fabulously grand Tuesday.  I am so far.  It's been a crazy day at work (don't ya love computer, copier, printer and fax machines that crash - all on the same day?) but it's actually been a pretty good day anyway.  I thought I'd take a break and share this quick birthday card I made.


For some reason, this picture looks blurry when I upload it.  On my screen, it looks fine.  That's odd!  Anyway, I used Celebrations to cut the balloons.  The paper is by American Crafts.  I bought the paper on clearance and it's been sitting around for a while.  I decided I needed to use it, so this is what I came up with.  I don't normally use primary colors, but I liked it for a change.


If you look closely you'll see the balloons have patterns on them.  I cut the blackout and the layer in the same color, so you can just barely see the patterns.  I just glued them together and adhered them to the shadow, which I cut in white.


I used a stamp by Hero Arts and hand cut my banner.  I added some white twine to the balloons and ran it behind the foam dots on the back of the banner.


I just added a strip of the patterned paper on the inside because I wanted to keep it simple.  Nothing fancy today - Just a simple bright card!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you did the pattern on the balloons tone on tone to make it subtle. Very smart. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!