Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick Project!

I wanted to share a quick project with you today.  As I've mentioned before, I always make a favor for our monthly ladies meeting at church.  This month, my original project was not working out like I planned, so I had to make a last minute substitution, and I made bookmarks.  They were really easy and fast and would be great for a party favor or to add to a card as a little something extra.


For each one, I used word art from Gypsy Wanderings.  It has GREAT word art!  Each word was cut at a slightly different size.  I tried to keep them all around 5"-6" long and 2" wide when sized on my mat on screen.  Please forgive the background that doesn't match at all.  I have no idea what possessed me to use the kitchen counter instead of the plain white table for a background!  I was at church and in a hurry and it must have been a blond moment.


To make these, I welded a circle onto the shadow of each word.  I then placed another circle on top of it (not welded) so it would cut like a hole punch.


It took a little trial and error to figure out what size I wanted the holes to be.  This could vary based on the width of your ribbon.


As you can see these are sorta plain.  Since I was in a mad rush, I just used paper scraps I had on hand.  I hope to make more later using patterned paper, embossing and some bling.  I think you could really spruce them up and have fun with them! 


There are tons of artsy, swirly words that you could use from many different cartridges.  This is just a sampling of what I chose.

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Blessings,
Cheryl






2 comments:

  1. These are super! I'm sure they love 'em.

    Be Blessed, Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project! Thanks for sharing a great idea.

    Lori
    Bloggin the crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!