Friday, September 16, 2011

Flower Thank You

I've been in a creative slump lately.  Don't you hate it when that happens?  I sit down at my desk and stare at the Gypsy screen trying to come up with something.  And I have nothing.  UGH!  So, I choose some paper and still...nothing.  UGH!  And this goes on and on and on.  I have found that if I let this continue, it gets harder and harder to get back in the swing of things.  So, last night, I made myself sit down and make a card.  I must admit - I re-made this card like 5 times because I was unhappy with it, but now I like it!


The base and mat are from Ashlynn's Alphabet.  I welded the shadow pieces together to make the base.  I didn't write it down, but I want to say I cut the scallop shape at 3.50". 


I cut the flowers in graduated sizes from Serenade Solutions.  I ran them through my Cuttlebug to emboss them and added a wooden button with some twine.


I used foam to make the flower several layers high and give it dimension.  Now I just hope it fits in my envelope!


The stamped sentiment is from the dollar bin at Michael's.  I inked the edges of everything and slapped it on there - Voila!

I would love to hear from you - What do you do to boost your creativity when you're in a rut?

Blessings,
Cheryl



2 comments:

  1. The card is beautiful!! You are definitely out of the slump. I felt like that last week -- kinda brain dead:-0 I kept going to the craft room and I would clean it, rearrange things, but I kept going until I got inspired to sit down and do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in that mode too Cheryl! I think it hits us all at some time or other. Like Judy, I would walk in, tidy up, sit down, and bang! Brain dead!
    The more I tried, the less I came up with. I just let it happen and wait for it to pass, which it did thankfully! Looks like your mojo has come home too with this smasher of a card! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!