Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stamping Solutions - Week 3

Today is week 3 of my exploration of Stamping Solutions.  As most of you know, I am the children's pastor at my church.  I try to send cards to all the children in my class for their birthdays, etc.  I make each card with the individual in mind, instead of just making a bunch of the same card.  This is for a little girl in my class whose birthday is this month.


All cuts on this card came from Stamping Solutions.  I used the shadow feature of the scalloped circle for the base.  I welded two of them together with my Gypsy then cut the red layer and the patterned circle for the center.  All the paper is from a stack by Martha Stewart.  Funny thing about the paper - When I had my craft booth a few weeks ago, a lady asked for some specific items with red as the main color.  I made them for her as a special order using the red and the plaid paper (I only had a limited supply of paper with me that day).  She did end up buying the items but was very concerned because this paper wasn't "red enough"????  It looks pretty red to me...  =)


I cut the shadow of the present twice and added it with foam dots for dimension.  I also added some stitching with my white gel pen.  I don't love the stitching around the dots on the present, but I was too lazy to cut it again and redo that part!!!


It's hard to tell from the pic, but I added iridescent glitter glue to the yellow dots on the present so they're all sparkly.  I added the twine on top and voila!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!