Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stamping Solutions - Week 2

It's Tuesday - Time for the cartridge of the month exploration.  This month, I'm pulling out an old one, Stamping Solutions.  I loved this cart when I first bought it, but have really forgotten about it with all the newer ones.  I'm going to tell you right from the beginning - I am not in love with this card!  I am going ahead and posting it because I figure I'll show you my good projects along with my bad ones....ha ha!  That way you know the real me.  =)


Every cut on the card is from Stamping Solutions.  The base is the shadow for the scalloped oval cut and I welded two together on my Gypsy.


Originally, I had cut "thinking of you" (word art on this cart) to put in the center of the card, however, it just looked...off.  So I took it off.  And put it back on.  And took it off again.  You get the picture!  I finally decided it looked better without it, but now it looks odd in the center of the card.  Now you see why I'm not too pleased with it!  I added the stamp "friends" on the lower right and then moved my stamp and messed up the "s" on the end of the word.  Things just went downhill the night I made this card.  =)  The card base was cut at 3.75".


One thing I do like - the flowers.  I cut 5 of each flower and just layered and scrunched them.  The flowers were cut at 1.50", 1", .75" and .50".  I cut all the leaves the same size at 1.25".   


I forgot to hide the circle in the center of each flower (with my Gypsy) before cutting, so I had to cover those up with pearls. 

This poor little sad card!  I really thought it had potential but it just didn't make it.  Oh well!  I'll try again tomorrow.  Until then, have a fabulous evening!

Blessings,
Cheryl


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! I really love it Cheryl and glad you posted it!!! Love the soft colors and the card shape:) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Love the colors, so delicate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!