Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Pink Stamper Challenge

Last night, I decided to play along with the challenge over at My Pink Stamper.  I needed to make a birthday card for a little girl in my class, so I decided to make it for this challenge.


I used Mini Monograms for the base of the card; the scalloped square was cut on Real Dial Size at 5".  I added some stitching with my white gel pen.  Once I was finished, I wasn't sure if I love it or not....

For the main part of the card, I cut a piece of cardstock 3.75" x 7.50" and folded it to make the card.  I added the white mat (3.50"x 3.50"} and tied the ribbon.  The bee is from Paisley and was cut at 2.25".  I had fits with this little bee.  Don't you hate how sometimes your layers don't match up, even when you cut everything the same size with your Cricut?  As you can see, if you look closely, my yellow didn't want to line up with my black layer on the bee.  I added some bling to the flower and stamped Happy Birthday in pink.


This was a pretty simple card to make and I think it's perfect for a 9 year old girl. I love this bee from Paisley - I think she's super cute! (It was a "he" before I added eyelashes...ha ha)

Have a great Saturday!

Blessings,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. Your Card is so Cute!!! The little girl is going to Love It! I'm already a follower of yours. I have new blog,would love for you to come visit me sometime. :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I really like how you made the scalloped part the base and then put the bee on the square in the center---so cute, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love that color combo, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, this is so cute! Yeah, I don't like it if it doesn't line up perfectly either…to be honest, I did not even notice until you mentioned it. Your card is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love how the shadow is the same color as the flower. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!